• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Conspiracy Theories / Wild Predictions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrathe

Reverberate or you may not participate.
Reaction score
Anyone believe what would be considered a "Conspiracy Theory" or some non-popular beliefset (Area 51, Flat Earth, etc.)? Or maybe any wild predictions / theories on things to come?

One I've been thinking of:

McGregor vs Mayweather

I feel like no one expects McGregor to win. I predict an upset. I think it's planned. If McGregor wins, they can use that as an inroad to legitimize UFC fighters against boxing greats and either adopt traditional boxing as a special class under the UFC flag or just straight merge rosters and you'll see a lot of new strikers racing to learn grappling skills.

Traditional Boxing feels like it's dead and this is the way, I predict, it dies.

You can all laugh at me later, I'm no Nostra..Nostradomus(?)...I don't claim to tell the future real good. :D

Last edited:
Is JFK being killed or conspired against by the CIA even a "conspiracy theory" really? Or is it pretty much known that they caused his death?

Because I believe that theory.

@Maximus believes that you can simulate the World Trade centers collapsing by punching styrofoam in your living room.

There has been a multi-decade conspiracy to cover up the harmful effects of eating sugar, and possibly other well known starchy carbohydrates.
Who: I am not sure, but at least all of the major food companies; likely includes the USDA (Food Pyramid).
When: For decades.
Why: Profit from selling cheap ingredients.
How: These large food conglomerates have conducted research and knowingly omitted results detrimental to their interests. I believe they are being sued to release this data now.

The end game: Americans are fat, don't understand nutrition (even worse: are misguided about it, believing that they do), there are other diseases from years of malnutrition. Probably lots of cavities too, given that our teeth weren't made for the kinds of food we are eating...

Here's a quick one: Sugar might be the next tobacco... https://www.mayerbrown.com/files/Ne...1/BloombergBNAClassActionLitigationReport.pdf

There has been a multi-decade conspiracy to cover up the harmful effects of eating sugar, and possibly other well known starchy carbohydrates.
Who: I am not sure, but at least all of the major food companies; likely includes the USDA (Food Pyramid).
How: These large food conglomerates have conducted research and knowingly omitted results detrimental to their interests. I believe they are being sued to release this data now.

The end game: Americans are fat, don't understand nutrition (even worse: are misguided about it, believing that they do), there are other diseases from years of malnutrition. Probably lots of cavities too, given that our teeth weren't made for the kinds of food we are eating...

Here's a quick one: Sugar might be the next tobacco... https://www.mayerbrown.com/files/Ne...1/BloombergBNAClassActionLitigationReport.pdf

Don't mess with my Captain Crunchberries. Somebody's gonna get cut!

Parents have been telling kids that sugar causes cavities since forever -- it's not like it's a secret. People also know that eating sugar can make you gain weight. Again, that's not a secret either.

Maybe people eat sugar despite that knowledge because they like the taste.

Here's a quick one: Sugar might be the next tobacco... https://www.mayerbrown.com/files/News/8028018c-4541-42da-925b-bd3e22988822/Presentation/NewsAttachment/f3d1557e-485e-4ae1-964d-c04e00422ac1/BloombergBNAClassActionLitigationReport.pdf

I work at a large international company. I was given an additional assignment which is going to require me to store hard copy and of course electronic data, so I started cleaning out a file cabinet drawer and came across some corporate pictures from 1975.

These pictures (6 of them) are very nice glossy professional pics of groups of then current employees standing in front of the main building. Some pics have 10-15 employees, some groups have 30+.

I showed them to my boss and one thing he noticed and one thing I noticed was, he noticed the lack of minorities. I noticed body size/over-weight/obesity... or really the lack of.

In all 6 pics of maybe 150 people, the people who looked obese or at least very heavy was very, very few. Do that today and it would be thin/skinny people who stick out.

I said to my boss, from this pic in 1975, what happened in America to changed body sizes so dramatically. Sugar, corn syrup, easier access to fast food, less home cooked meals have all changed in the last 40 years. Pretty stark difference.

I believe this 100%. It's one of my "high horses" that I regularly "preach" to others about.

Anyone believe what would be considered a "Conspiracy Theory" or some non-popular beliefset (Area 51, Flat Earth, etc.)? Or maybe any wild predictions / theories on things to come?

One I've been thinking of:

McGregor vs Mayweather

I feel like no one expects McGregor to win. I predict an upset. I think it's planned. If McGregor wins, they can use that as an inroad to legitimize UFC fighters against boxing greats and either adopt traditional boxing as a special class under the UFC flag or just straight merge rosters and you'll see a lot of new strikers racing to learn grappling skills.

Traditional Boxing feels like it's dead and this is the way, I predict, it dies.

You can all laugh at me later, I'm no Nostra..Nostradomus(?)...I don't claim to tell the future real good. :D

Why would Mayweather throw the fight? He's got a perfect record thus far and everyone who knows him suggests that he considers his record to be his crowning achievement.

Also, I think no one expects McGregor to win because he's not a boxer, and will be going up against the best pound for pound boxer in the world.

In all likelihood, McGregor should get embarrassed if they do end up in the ring and Mayweather is remotely healthy.

Now, does that mean boxing can't be fixed? LOL.. Of course it can.. I just don't see any reason Mayweather would do this.

When I saw "Bloomberg" I thought it was NY city's crackdown on oversized sodas... wasn't that Mayor Bloomberg? I thought the same thing... sugar is the next tobacco. Airplane seat size fights, fast food portion size blow-back, drink sizes, rebranding sugared cereals, etc.

I'd bet a lot of money that health insurance is a big backer of this focus because they are forking out (haha) a lot of money to fight diabetes, obesity, etc.

If they really wanted to do something, they should underwrite the costs of weight loss programs, diet drugs, gym memberships, etc. for their participants.

Parents have been telling kids that sugar causes cavities since forever -- it's not like it's a secret. People also know that eating sugar can make you gain weight. Again, that's not a secret either.

Maybe people eat sugar despite that knowledge because they like the taste.

It goes beyond sugar. The evidence will mount that refined carbohydrates, which stick in your teeth, should rarely be eaten.

The bigger story here is that it will come to pass that these companies have been falsifying health claims of certain things like "whole grains" or "low fat," and calling these things healthy. The bottom line is that a slice of wheat bread spikes your insulin more than table sugar.

Fatness is a hormonal problem caused by fucking up the insulin-blood sugar response. We're essentially watching history unfold where we know the outcome. The next question is, who knew that outcome before and hid it to profit? Who had their palms greased along the way to keep the machine rolling?

It goes beyond sugar. The evidence will mount that refined carbohydrates, which stick in your teeth, should rarely be eaten.

The bigger story here is that it will come to pass that these companies have been falsifying health claims of certain things like "whole grains" or "low fat," and calling these things healthy. The bottom line is that a slice of wheat bread spikes your insulin more than table sugar.

Fatness is a hormonal problem caused by fucking up the insulin-blood sugar response. We're essentially watching history unfold where we know the outcome. The next question is, who knew that outcome before and hid it to profit? Who had their palms greased along the way to keep the machine rolling?

People like to eat that stuff because it tastes better to them, or is more convenient for them, or is cheaper, or some combination of the above. That's their choice to make, not yours.

Wheat bread is not great for you -- it's just generally better than white bread, etc.. As for how it compares to table sugar....it depends on how much table sugar you eat, doesn't it?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."