• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 College Football Season/Playoff Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Rumors that the Big Ten is looking to add Oklahoma & Texas in 2024. That'd be...interesting.

Rumors that the Big Ten is looking to add Oklahoma & Texas in 2024. That'd be...interesting.
Texas and ND have been the white whales of the B1G since all this expansion stuff started.

Back-to-Back Heisman winners at OU.

Damn.

It really does suck they only have one BCS trophy since 2000 to show for themselves.

Helluva program.

That ceremony was filled with cringe. ESPN is the literal worst.

Seems like a meeting between all major players is happening in January 7th. Like the idea of 8 teams, give conference champions, best G5 team, and two at Large. Really against their way to achieve that though. Eliminating CCG is a death wish. Eliminating an OOC game is fine but don't take away the conference championship games. They'd run into some funky ways of determining a champion.

Seems like a meeting between all major players is happening in January 7th. Like the idea of 8 teams, give conference champions, best G5 team, and two at Large. Really against their way to achieve that though. Eliminating CCG is a death wish. Eliminating an OOC game is fine but don't take away the conference championship games. They'd run into some funky ways of determining a champion.

I don’t get why everyone is so hurt about adding another game for 8 teams. It’s suck a small amount of teams it would effect.

I don’t get why everyone is so hurt about adding another game for 8 teams. It’s suck a small amount of teams it would effect.
Sounds like the SEC is the only conference against it enmass. Easy to do when they're guaranteed at least one spot in a four team playoff, with a decent possibility of two teams.

I think we're going to see most conferences be against the way they get to 8 teams if they try to take away CCG, as those are big money pulls for the conferences. Finally, I'm sure there will be some debate on fields- neutral or higher ranked teams.

Clemson out here roiding

yes, they claim they have no idea how they tested positive.

"This particular substance can come from anything," Swinney said when explaining the players were surprised by the news, via Murphy. "And these three players have no clue—in fact, they thought it was a joke when I called them. They have no clue how this has gotten in their system. It could come from hair products. It could come from a cream. It could come from protein. It could come from a product that you order or buy online that you think there's nothing wrong with it. It could be anything. Literally, it could be a drink—something in a drink."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...n-players-with-failed-drug-tests-for-ostarine

They conveniently gloss over the fact that Ostarine is banned for human consumption in the US. So no, it's not "something in a drink". At least, not unless they are drinking an illegal performance enhancing drink.

Of course, now this is going to help make Notre Dame look like a legitimate pick fo the playoffs instead of the overrate team that the computer ranking show that they are. I was really rooting for them to get destroyed.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."