• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Star Wars 8: The Last Jedi

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I think it's interesting that they called it the Skywalker saga. I'm not sure if that's a big hint at Rey's heritage or something else.

Lucas has been rather adamant that Star Wars' main storyline is about the Skywalker family.. If Johnson is looking to recapture some of what Lucas envisioned, then, it's surely a good move to refocus the story around Luke/Leia's offspring.

I've always thought Rey had to be Luke's daughter, so it's not really shocking. But I will say this, if they kill off Luke, I'll walk out of the theater.

I think it's interesting that they called it the Skywalker saga. I'm not sure if that's a big hint at Rey's heritage or something else.
Yeah, that's the first time I heard the series referred to as the Skywalker saga. I definitely question if it has anything to do with Rey as well, or if Luke actually becomes central to the story again.

Either way, I think this also might signal this latest trilogy is probably the last of the Skywalker saga. From there, Disney will likely continue with the Star War Story films but also look to start another trilogy or saga based outside of the story we already know. Just my guess for now at least.

Maybe Rey and the minority stormtrooper bump uglies, thereby creating the last Jedi. Is there something in the Jedi bylaws that they can't be mixed breed? Nevertheless, looking forward to it.

Maybe Rey and the minority stormtrooper bump uglies, thereby creating the last Jedi. Is there something in the Jedi bylaws that they can't be mixed breed? Nevertheless, looking forward to it.
Im 100% convinced Poe & Finn become involved. The way they look at each other at the rebel base and embrace each other just screams lovers to me.

I've always thought Rey had to be Luke's daughter, so it's not really shocking. But I will say this, if they kill off Luke, I'll walk out of the theater.

I agree, if Luke dies I'll start the riots. But surely he can't survive Episode 9 as well? I've been trying to think of a satisfying way for the trilogy to wrap up for our poor farm boy from the desert.

You know there will be a scene with the ghosts of Yoda, Obi-won, Darth and Luke at some point....

Jedi doesn't have to mean just one BTW. The term Jedi is singular and plural. Could be a whole bunch of them.

Hell we could get a ghosts scene with Anakin, Yoda, Qui Gon, etc all consulting from the great beyond.

Im 100% convinced Poe & Finn become involved. The way they look at each other at the rebel base and embrace each other just screams lovers to me.

Yea, I mean it seems like a foregone conclusion at this point. Finn was obviously interested in Rey from the jump, she seemed to reciprocate pretty early on in the film, and if I had to guess where the story is going then I'd venture that he'll likely go on a quest to find her after he recovers from his wounds.

Also, both seem to be obvious force users, so... there's that too.

Yea, I mean it seems like a foregone conclusion at this point. Finn was obviously interested in Rey from the jump, she seemed to reciprocate pretty early on in the film, and if I had to guess where the story is going then I'd venture that he'll likely go on a quest to find her after he recovers from his wounds.

Also, both seem to be obvious force users, so... there's that too.

Agreed I would bet money on rey and finn being systems apart from eachother authentic end of this film. My thoughts are that rey will leave Luke a nd his mission to go save him echoing Luke and yoda in esb

Lucas has been rather adamant that Star Wars' main storyline is about the Skywalker family.. If Johnson is looking to recapture some of what Lucas envisioned, then, it's surely a good move to refocus the story around Luke/Leia's offspring.

How come? Not a big enough fan to know his age, but I thought he was up there. Would rather he die in interesting fashion, then just wither away alone on some island.

And I thought I was going to be productive today.

Reactions: AMC

Pics or STFU????? lol

I am starting to think her parents are nobody important or that she is either a descendant of either Obi Wan or Palpatine. But I also think there has to be a young Skywalker to survive to be the main protagonist of the next trilogy, and that would point to Rey being a Skywalker, so who knows.

Are you against killing Luke under all circumstances? I have to think there are certain ways that a Luke death could serve the story.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."