• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

LeBron James

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Wonder what coach Lebron has cooked up today

Hey guys, don't worry. The guy facing me has LeBron on his fantasy team. And if history has proven anything, it's that any player I'm facing has the week of his career.

Just a quick update to this. The guy I'm facing also has Mo Williams. He has 34 points right now. With 10 left in the 4th.

Can't wait to see this thread/forum when LeBron does return and they lose to Phoenix. There are a lot of defensive issues, but one of the biggest is stopping dribble penetration. Going up again Dragic, Bledsoe, and Thomas? That's a recipe for disaster.

I hate it when people quote their own posts, but uh... :cha (63):

:sp (1)::sp (15)::sp (3): <------ There are South Park emojis now? Neat.

Why pigeon-hole Kyrie into strictly a PG? That isn't maximizing his amazing talents, let's face it, he's an amazingly gifted offensive player but still has a lot of room to improve with regards to making his teammates better. Some of you people act like Kyrie shouldn't forfeit the best part of his game just to be a "point guard". That should not be the case, Kyrie should do what he does best. I agree he needs to work on making his teammates better but he's one of the most gifted scorers in this league, can score from anywhere, and can get anywhere on the court he wants w/ his dribbling ability.
Why are we talking about a PG in his 4th year in the NBA "learning how to get people involved????" Isn't that the primary role of a PG?

Hate to say it, but LeBron may be wise to look around the league this offseason. It's fine. Just say, "hey, I thought I could fix things, but holy shit is it way worse than I thought. I've clearly only got 2-3 good years left, I can't spend them doing this."

But seriously, this is depressing.

Well Lebron you tried, liked the defensive effort and hustle to try and win the game. Sucks that some of his teammates didn't show up to the game (Irving and Love) but its hard counting on them to do anything positive on the court nowadays.

Hate to say it, but LeBron may be wise to look around the league this offseason. It's fine. Just say, "hey, I thought I could fix things, but holy shit is it way worse than I thought. I've clearly only got 2-3 good years left, I can't spend them doing this."

But seriously, this is depressing.

No need. All he has to do is get Kyrie traded and the Cavs hire a good head coach, and LeBron will compete with what he's got. Kyrie and Love are empty stats-stars who don't play defense, but i think the LeBron + Love combo can work in a right system, but I've said from day one that Kyrie's playing style wouldn't mesh well with LeBron.

People don't want to hear it, but the kid just wants to be a chucker.

Last edited:
Christ is Cleveland cursed. We thought we were getting a Big 3 but instead we have a Big One all over again. The greatest player in his generation and the most talented team we've been able to put around him has been Mo Williams, Delonte West, old Ben Wallace, and old Z.

Christ is Cleveland cursed. We thought we were getting a Big 3 but instead we have a Big One all over again. The greatest player in his generation and the most talented team we've been able to put around him has been Mo Williams, Delonte West, old Ben Wallace, and old Z.

Just saw that Mo scored 52 tonight :chuckle:. Maybe he's as good as we're going to get for Lebron's Pippen here in Cleveland.

Based on his +/- splits from his Miami days, seems like LeBron really doesn't much on court other than an active big who can rebound and defend and catch the ball for dunks on pick & rolls (being able to make 15-18 ft jumpers ala Big Z is a plus but not necessary), a 4 who can shoot, rebound, and defend decently, and two three and D wings (one of whom could preferable make entry passes).

Danny Green, Ariza, James, Milsap, Noah
Bledsoe, Wes Matthews, Barnes, James, Adams
Watson, Matthews, Ariza, James, Jordan
Green, Ariza, James, Morris, center
Watson, Tucker, Dudley, James, Gobert

Those lineups don't seem great offensively, but you would be surprised at the gaudy +/- numbers he put up in Miami with lesser lineups that couldn't defend like the above lineups could.
James with a rim protecting big and defenders all around who can shoot open shots would make for some real pillaging out on court.

Look at these lineups:

Cole, Allen, Beasley, James, C. Andersen.

That lineup was +16.5 per 100 possessions. Yes, that lineup didn't play heavy minutes, but it played enough to know whether it would work or not. Allen cannot defend at all, Cole is a neutral defender, Beasley is one of the worst defenders you'll see, and Andersen is a rim protector and active defender. He was +16.5 with that ostensibly shitty lineup. Irving, though a bad defender, is not as bad as either Allen from last year or Beasley. Love isn't as bad as either although he's defending a different area of the court. Mosgov can be Andersen. This has to start working sooner or later.

Cole, Allen, Battier, James, Andersen. +19.7.

Chalmers, Toney Douglas, James, Haslem, Bosh was +13.7. Look at THAT lineup.

James's +/- numbers with Big Z, Ben Wallace, and Varejao were also impressive.

Mo, West, James, Wallace, Z were +19.7.
Mo, Wesr, James, Andy, Z were +13.3.
Mo, Boobie, James, Andy, Z were +34.4.

It's Woj, writing about LeBron? I bet I can probably list off the talking points before reading it and I bet he doesn't blame Blatt for anything at all. I have that about right?

EDIT: Ah yes, a real change of pace for Woj. In this piece, he makes it known he isn't really a fan of James and pretty much anything wrong with the team is probably his fault. New, cutting edge stuff.

There is nothing more predictable than Wojnarowski writing an opinion piece about LeBron James.

I really, really hate his opinion pieces. If he's not sucking off Pat Riley, he's walloping James upside the head. Forget, for a moment, if you too don't like James and/or think Pat Riley is the greatest GM in the world. Does it not seem a little odd for a journalist to basically write the same piece over and over and over again, switching a few things here and there, over the course of years?

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."