• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Welcome Larry Sanders and So Long

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I think Sanders has looked pretty damn good so far for the Charge tonight.

3-3, 6 pts, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks...(only 1 foul)

11 minutes... +9....everyone else on the team is a net negative...

edit : At the time I posted this, that was true, but Canton just went on a run and a few other guys moved into positive...Larry still tied for the highest +/- on the team though)

Early on he was having some challenges. Timing/reaction issues.

But I haven't watched the game since then, so I'm glad to hear he's looking good.

The guy has great talent. And the sooner we can pull him up, the better.

The timing and reactions and all of that will come back. Just have to keep playing. And it's not like our interior guys are playing very well right now, so no reason Sanders can't be put into some action as soon as he's ready.

any chance there is a stream?

Facebook Live, go to the Canton Charge page.

Larry is playing a damn good game.

16 minutes...8p/6r/2blk 4/5 from the field. +13, and the Charge are down by 2. (next highest is +7)

I wish he was playing like 36 minutes. He'd probably have like 15-15-5.

He really does look solid. His feel for the game is still there, that's for sure. The biggest thing truly is his strength and conditioning, and maybe a little bit of timing. The plan to bring him along seems to be going decently, I just wish that we had more than 2.5 weeks until the playoffs. I don't think Sanders is like, months upon months away from being able to contribute.

edit : Damn, he's a quick jumper. He just blocked a step-back fade-away jumper. Lol.

That FT stroke is gonna need work though.

The guards out there with him on the floor are garbage, he should have had about 3 more lobs and 2 more dunks. He had great paint position like 5 times.

Last edited:
I got to watch his second half minutes. Granted it's the D-league, but he looks pretty solid. He got some good time in with the ball changing ends pretty quickly, and he seems to be able to get up and down the floor just fine. I saw a few blocks, a few rebounds, a put-back.

Offensively his shot is a ways off, same with his free throws. But defensively he looks like he could contribute with the Cavs if he can be schooled on schemes.

I got to watch his second half minutes. Granted it'd the D-league, but he looks pretty solid. He got some good time in with the ball changing ends pretty quickly, and he seems to be able to get up and down the floor just fine. I saw a few blocks, a few rebounds, a put-back.

Offensively his shot is a ways off, same with his free throws. But defensively he looks like he could contribute with the Cavs if he can be schooled on schemes.

He looks like he actually knows how to defend the pick and roll regardless of how the offensive team is playing it. Lol.

His length/quickness/quick leaping is actually very impressive and obviously helps him a LOT in defending the PnR.

Played 21 minutes tonight. That's his season high by quite a bit. Didn't look like he was completely spent or anything.

Canton's next game is Friday. We play Philly on a b2b that night. That feels like a PERFECT game for Sanders to get 15-20 NBA minutes. But I understand if they want him to hit certain d-league benchmarks first, I suppose.

Game 1 in D-League = 02/01/0 with 3 BS in 11 minutes
Game 2 in D-League = 08/06/1 with 3 BS in 21 minutes

There are 2 more regular season games for the Charge.

Two great things:

- Sanders can still block shots, even if he's not back to full form
- He played nearly double the amount of minutes in Game 2 as Game 1

The regular season ends for the Charge on April 1, I think. Give him a few more starts down there and bring him up, I'm thinking.

If he can play 20 D-League minutes and be ok, then he's probably about ready for some real action in the NBA.

Last edited:
If I were the decider I'd get him up with the Cavs ASAP and start giving TT more rest. Ready or not. I think he'd rise to the challenge if they did this, based on seeing how he moved on the floor tonight. It definitely seemed like things are starting to fall back into place for him, muscle memory starting to kick back in.

Every extra 10 minutes of bench time we can get for TT between now and the end of the season will pay some dividends when the playoffs get serious.

I know we're easing him into things but it would be great if we could get him in for some minutes in these last ten games...he could give us the defensive spark we need...

Help us Larry Sanders, you're our only hope.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not a Photoshop guy but if I was I'd Photoshop a pair of goggles into the Bat signal.

I think the front office is wasting time with this D-League nonsense even after 2 years off hes the best and only rim protector we've got, time to throw him into the fire we need him to build chemistry with the team

I think the front office is wasting time with this D-League nonsense even after 2 years off hes the best and only rim protector we've got, time to throw him into the fire we need him to build chemistry with the team
After watching him tonight I agree. I'm glad they let him get his feet wet in the D-league though, if only for 30 minutes of game time.

I'm really concerned about getting TT some rest these last couple of weeks of the RS.

Eh..You don't want to throw him.to the wolves. It could be over before it starts if you do that. And Sanders has a great chance to be a legitimate difference maker from the start of next season if he has a good off season and training camp.

I do think he's made enough progress to get NBA minutes, but also it isn't fair to him to have to put him in in the middle of our current free fall.and have people expect he fix it all.single handedly....

The Cavs need to get a solid game or two behind them, let Larry play the last D-league game, really stretch his minutes in that one, get him 35 minutes or something. Then call him back up, MAKE TIME to have a real full practice with contact that he can participate in, walk through, shootaround, etc...And then commit to giving him say, 12 minutes, 6 per half, and let him play through any early mistakes without a quick hook. Then we'll see what happens from there.

Watched the full game and the most important thing he has to work on is his body and center of gravity.
He is going to get pushed around going for the rebounds. I don't know how big of a deal it is until I see him play some meaningful NBA games but even against D-League Centers, he still not aggressive enough rebounding the ball and maintaining good position.
He was pushed on several oocasions.

Other than that, I like him a lot. I think he can help us right now, he is a much better shot blocker than Mozgov ever was.
Mozgov knew how to go straight up and that was effective, but he was late on rotations and he didn't cover a lot of ground if he had no position.

Sanders covers tons of ground, he has good positioning, quick leaper and can stay with the opposing guards fairly well.

I suggest we bring him in, especially now that we are struggling. If we get out of this slump while he gets some playing time, it's going to help him feel more confident in his skills and in his ability to help the team. I don't think bringing him in right when the playoffs start is a good idea. He needs to feel comfortable while he has much lesser stress to perform.

If we don't bring him in during the last stretch of the season, I doubt we bring him in this season at all.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."