• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2018 Draft Prospects Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We have plenty of time to develop a QB if we so choose. Hue's timeframe is not Dorsey's timeframe.

Dorsey can absolutely take a guy like Allen and park him on the bench to develop so long as we add someone for Hue to "win now" with. As much as we may knock McCarron, that's clearly Hue's guy.

What's the worst that can happen? Hue gets fired? Dorsey would probably be perfectly fine with that.

The QB we should draft is the one Dorsey believes will be the best, even if he needs to develop.

Allen is blatantly the most unpolished of the top QB prospects. He also has the lowest floor of all of the top QB prospects.

It's time for the Browns to go the safe route and take Rosen or Darnold. High floor/high ceiling is what you want with the first overall pick in the draft. That is just simply not Josh Allen.

Hey man, I realize that Lamar Jackson has already been dismissed as a run first project QB that can't throw, can't read a playbook, plays in a gimmick offense, won't physically hold up in the NFL, and whatever other things you want to throw out there about him.

But he's a fucking beast. I'm just sitting here watching people make excuses for other players and using those same excuses against Lamar. I can't wait until he's tearing shit up in the league. Funny thing is even if he does end up tearing it up people will make excuses as to why they missed on him. No. You missed on him because you are not paying attention. I'm loving it right now. This draft more than any in recent memory has really exposed a lot of people who like to pretend and put on as if they are some kind of draft experts or gurus.

The takes alone on Lightweight Lamar, Happy Feet Saquon, Midget Mayfield, Aw Shucks Allen, Liberal Rosen, and Bad Face Darnold (shits still funny) are pure entertainment at this point.

IMO Lamar Jackson will end up being the best player in this draft, Followed by Bradley Chubb, Josh Rosen, Derwin James, and Minka Fitzpatrick in that order.

I like Rosen. I think he's really swell. I think he's going to be a really good QB. I also think Lamar can reach the same level and even higher. I don't think Mayfield, Darnold, or Allen will come close to Rosen or Jackson. I just don't. And for the record I think Mayfield , Darnold, and Allen are bigger projects than Jackson. If you watch the film you can see this rather easily but it's draft season and when ever you get a chance to push the narratives you just gotta do it.

It's just weird to me how Darnold has that funky ass delivery and very suspect footwork but he's somehow locked in as a top 2 pick. I mean why?

Mayfield. Look, none of us are privy to that much personal info on any of these guys buuuuut there's more than enough side eyes with Mayfield for teams to at least have their guards up with him. Yes he is small. Historically if we are going by the numbers. His numbers are eye popping but you are lying if you don't think his system has given him a gigantic push throughout his career. I'm just not interested. He already has enough going against him and I think he's shot himself in the foot a few times. Pass.

Allen........okay.

Rosen. I mean if he has flaws they look really good I guess? lol. The dude is a fucking baller. Like for real. He ballin on and off the field. So why do I like Jackson more? I like Jackson's dynamics and what he opens your team up to a bit more. I also would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned about his injuries. Not that I don't think he can't hold up but I'm looking...I'm not trippin as much on his character as I am with Mayfield though. Sue me. However. I feel like just like with Lamar...I have a pretty good feeling why people aren't to kind to Rosen. But don't get it twisted. I would take his ass with open arms though. Like I would probably buy his jersey if we drafted him for real. I just prefer Lamar myself but that's just the decision that I've come to after watching all these guys on film, listening to them, and reading all the info that's being put out on them.

One last thing I wanted to note. It'e been very quiet coming from Lamar Jackson's side.....Might not mean much but the only time you really hear anything about him he's usually being dismissed and miscast. Like he's usually not even in most of the discussions when people talk about these QB's. Good. Leave my dude alone before somebody else becomes hip and snag him up. Also I tried not to compare any of these guys to recent QB's in this post. I'm trying to judge them and compare them to each other. Not Watson, Trubisky, Manziel, Winston, Wentz, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Vick, Russell Wilson, uhhh Jeff Garc..lol I'm playing but you get the point. I'm letting them stand on their own merits.

Lamar Jackson

QB1

Allen is blatantly the most unpolished of the top QB prospects. He also has the lowest floor of all of the top QB prospects.

It's time for the Browns to go the safe route and take Rosen or Darnold. High floor/high ceiling is what you want with the first overall pick in the draft. That is just simply not Josh Allen.

See.....

I talked about some of this in my previous post but how is Sam Darnold safe? Rosen I will give you that. I think Rosen is a top 10 pick in any of the last 5 drafts. Darnold is not. He's not a safe bet. How can any QB with those mechanics be a safe bet?

This is getting out of hand.

Just because you prefer a certain QB doesn't mean you have to slam the other options. What makes Darnold a top pick?

Well, his 2016 tape is far better than anything anyone else has put out there in this class, his games outside of a 3 game stretch this year, his mobility and his ability to win in and out of the pocket.

That doesn't mean I have to run down the other guys. Especially if you cannot point out basic issues with Jackson, predominantly he does not possess special arm talent in ball placement, pure accuracy or arm strength. But I still love him because his mobility is A++++++++.

Jackson should be in the top group. But there are reasons to love the others and prefer the others too.

This is getting out of hand.

Just because you prefer a certain QB doesn't mean you have to slam the other options. What makes Darnold a top pick?

Well, his 2016 tape is far better than anything anyone else has put out there in this class, his games outside of a 3 game stretch this year, his mobility and his ability to win in and out of the pocket.

That doesn't mean I have to run down the other guys. Especially if you cannot point out basic issues with Jackson, predominantly he does not possess special arm talent in ball placement, pure accuracy or arm strength. But I still love him because his mobility is A++++++++.

Jackson should be in the top group. But there are reasons to love the others and prefer the others too.

Darnold's tape by far better than any of Rosen's?

tenor.gif

Also. Lamar Jackson has tremendous arm strength. Second in this draft class behind Allen in that regard. I don't know where this notion that he doesn't have arm strength came from but I'd imagine it got lost in all the scrambler write ups. As far as his accuracy and ball placement his ball placement is not bad. he doe not throw balls in bad spots. If he misses it's usually in a spot where only the receiver can get it.

On Darnold his footwork is trash sometimes. More than Jackson's and Rosen's tbh. His mobility is average and isn't really game changing. For instance Rosen is better at moving around in the pocket than Darnold. So is Jackson.

Jackson has quick feet, but his footwork actually throwing the ball is bad. All of the other top 5 actually have better motions for throwing the ball.

Jackson will need a lot more time to sit than Allen when it comes to the pros. Rosen is the most ready, but is he coachable? Darnold has talent, but still has mechanical and turnover issues. Mayfield needs to learn pro offenses/different schemes. Allen needs time to adjust to the pro speed and work on his touch. All these guys have issues at the end of the day and we all have who is the best one in the draft. We won’t have a winner for this argument for a few years honestly and with the fact I project at least 5 starters from this draft, and a day 3 one, we shall see who shows up later in the draft.

Jackson has quick feet, but his footwork actually throwing the ball is bad. All of the other top 5 actually have better motions for throwing the ball.

Jackson will need a lot more time to sit than Allen when it comes to the pros. Rosen is the most ready, but is he coachable? Darnold has talent, but still has mechanical and turnover issues. Mayfield needs to learn pro offenses/different schemes. Allen needs time to adjust to the pro speed and work on his touch. All these guys have issues at the end of the day and we all have who is the best one in the draft. We won’t have a winner for this argument for a few years honestly and with the fact I project at least 5 starters from this draft, and a day 3 one, we shall see who shows up later in the draft.

Oh hey @sportscoach

For you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANtlQ57Mqc&t=255s

This thing has been a damn roller coaster.

-Thus far it's been primarily Darnold, Mayfield and Allen connected to the Browns. I have yet to see Lamer Jackson's name come up or Josh Rosen's.
-Mel Kiper has us taking Darnold, Todd McShay has us taking Darnold, Albert Breer has us taking Darnold, Charlie Casserly has us taking Darnold, SB Nation has us taking Darnold, Athlon Sports has us taking Darnold.
-Why is everyone above in love with Darnold? I realize it was one game and all, but the Cotton Bowl left me not very impressed with the guy.

I too find it a little interesting that the Browns have not been linked to Rosen at all. Personally I think he is the best QB prospect in this draft. I think he gets a bad "rap" for his attitude but I have read a couple of stories about how he is actually a good teammate. He seems like a guy who is confident in himself and isn't going to beat around the bush with safe answers that most NFL prospects will give. I can appreciate his frankness because that is who he is. He isn't some fraud like Manziel who can sweet talk his way into answers. I have read too though that Dorsey told people to "stay away" from Rosen after he was fired as KC GM but was still scouting QBs.

Darnold's tape by far better than any of Rosen's?

tenor.gif

Also. Lamar Jackson has tremendous arm strength. Second in this draft class behind Allen in that regard. I don't know where this notion that he doesn't have arm strength came from but I'd imagine it got lost in all the scrambler write ups. As far as his accuracy and ball placement his ball placement is not bad. he doe not throw balls in bad spots. If he misses it's usually in a spot where only the receiver can get it.

On Darnold his footwork is trash sometimes. More than Jackson's and Rosen's tbh. His mobility is average and isn't really game changing. For instance Rosen is better at moving around in the pocket than Darnold. So is Jackson.

His arm is not strong. People call him Vick, he's not in the same galaxy. It's not bad, it's about average, which is how I view his passing ability. Mostly average.

If you went back and watched Darnold in 16, dude was INCREDIBLE.

His arm is not strong. People call him Vick, he's not in the same galaxy. It's not bad, it's about average, which is how I view his passing ability. Mostly average.

If you went back and watched Darnold in 16, dude was INCREDIBLE.

Well nobody in this draft has Vick arm strength but Jackson has a stronger arm than Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold. Also Josh Rosen has better tape than Sam Darnold.

Well nobody in this draft has Vick arm strength but Jackson has a stronger arm than Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold. Also Josh Rosen has better tape than Sam Darnold.

Every single point in this post is incorrect.

Congrats.

*BTW, Allen definitely has a Vick arm. Scattershot but when he hits, it's incredible.*

Watching people laud Allen as this worthwhile project, then discuss Lamar Jackson’s footwork as an issue, literally make me LOL.

Between this and the old white scouts contradicting themselves almost daily, scout season is the absolute worst.

Watching people laud Allen as this worthwhile project, then discuss Lamar Jackson’s footwork as an issue, literally make me LOL.

Between this and the old white scouts contradicting themselves almost daily, scout season is the absolute worst.

Allen absolutely has lead in his legs, no question about it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."